Air Conditioning Services in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Air Conditioning Repair
Air conditioning systems break down for a number of reasons, but common issues include:
- Rodent damage to the wiring of the outdoor condenser
- Extremely clogged filtration systems
- Damage to outdoor condenser due to falling ice
- Debris buildup in outdoor coil fins (often caused by lawnmowers or leaf blowers)
- Failed capacitor
- Failed fan motor
Not sure if your cooling system needs repairs? Some common signs are not enough cool air coming into the home, the outdoor condenser making strange noises, or your system is running constantly but not producing any cool air. Regardless of your exact issue, Heritage is available to help. We’ll diagnose the problem and provide suggested repairs so you have the tools to make the decision right for you and your home.
New Hampshire Air Conditioning Maintenance
Repairs are only a preventative solution, which is why we recommend routine annual maintenance on cooling systems for all of our customers. In addition to making sure your system is ready for the heat, air conditioning maintenance catches potential issues before they develop into costly repairs. It’s also required by most manufacturers to maintain your warranty.
One last thing: It’s a common misconception in our industry that air conditioning systems need to be “recharged” each year to keep them running efficiently. While it’s understandable given things like your car needing an oil change every once in a while, AC systems actually function in a closed-loop system. A system lacking enough refrigerant to keep up with demand is indicative of a larger problem (likely a leak) that will continue causing issues until the leaking component is replaced. Sometimes leaks are located in crucial components such as the evaporator coil, which often result in a more extensive repair.
New Hampshire Air Conditioning Installation
Air conditioning systems, as the name suggests, do a lot more than simply cool the air. The most critical measurement of an air conditioning system’s effectiveness is actually its ability to circulate and remove humidity from the indoor air. By “conditioning” the air in this way, your indoor air feels much more comfortable as opposed to outside and can be cooled much more effectively.
This is why having an expert provider like Heritage assess your air conditioning needs is so important. An undersized or oversized AC system can spell disaster for your comfort and your electricity bill. Our project managers will provide you with a complete customized solution for the best air conditioner installation that will meet your needs, and in most cases, have our dedicated install team at your door the next day. We’ll also handle any permitting required by your town so you can keep your cool and focus on what really matters to you
Tips for Lowering Your Cooling Costs
We all need air conditioning, especially during the hot and humid summer. Unfortunately, keeping your home cool can come with hefty energy bills. Keep these tips in mind to stay comfortable while lowering your cooling costs:
- Change the air filter regularly. Replacing your air conditioner’s air filter at least every 90 days can help improve airflow and efficiency.
- Adjust your thermostat’s settings. Raising the temperature on your thermostat by a few degrees over a period of time can lower your energy costs. You can also use your ceiling fans to provide extra comfort when you raise your thermostat.
- Keep your blinds and curtains closed. When you close your shades, blinds, and curtains during the hottest parts of the day, you can keep out the heat. This way, your air conditioner will work more efficiently and waste less energy.
- Seal your windows and doors. Is air leaking out of your home through cracks in your windows and doors? Sealing these parts of your home can potentially help lower your cooling costs.
- Schedule AC services. If your air conditioner is running inefficiently, it might be time to repair or replace the system. When you schedule a cooling system service with Heritage Home Service, our expert technicians can inspect your cooling system and address any problems before they can impact your energy bill.