Air Conditioner Maintenance Services in Tewksbury, Andover, Methuen & Beyond
When Do You Need Air Conditioner Maintenance?
Air conditioning maintenance should be performed on an annual basis either before or immediately after the cooling season. This becomes more important as your system ages but may even be required for new systems to maintain the manufacturer’s warranty. Regardless of how often, maintenance is strictly a preventative measure and should never be used to deal with issues you’re currently experiencing.
Most of our Massachusetts customers find it convenient to have their maintenance performed in the spring when temperatures are consistently above freezing but are cool enough not to run your air conditioner.
What is Usually Found During Air Conditioner Maintenance?
It really depends on the age of your system, how well it was designed for your home, and how recently it was maintained in the past. Most often we find older, neglected systems to have many issues, but some of the following can be found in air conditioners of any age:
- Rodent damage to wiring in the outdoor unit
- Failed fan/blower motor at the air handler or outdoor unit
- Fail capacitor in the outdoor unit
- Debris build-up in outdoor coil fins restricting airflow
- Leaking outdoor coil due to damage or wear and tear
- Damage to the outdoor unit due to fallen ice
- Clogged condensate line
As we alluded to earlier, annual maintenance can help prevent any and all of the above issues, avoiding costly and unexpected breakdowns when you need your AC the most.
What Happens During an AC Maintenance Service?
No matter what condition your system is in, our maintenance experts will take the time and care to personally address the specific needs of your home and the problems your system may be facing down the road. Here’s what you can expect from a visit with us:
- You’ll receive a 30-minute call-ahead when we’re on our way to you, and we’ll arrive in a fully stocked truck, prepared to perform almost any task related to your air conditioning system.
- Your technician will perform a complete inspection of every single component both indoor and outdoor and perform their maintenance tasks.
- If we find any problems with your system, we’ll present you with our recommended options and let you make the choice that is right for you.
And the best part is that all of our work is backed by a 1-year parts and labor warranty, so you can have peace of mind knowing you’re good to go for the cooling season.